The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame (CMHF) is a unique, national nonprofit organization located in London, Ontario that celebrates the accomplishments of Canada’s medical heroes and encourages young people to pursue careers in the health sciences through local and national education programs.
We are seeking student representatives from colleges and universities across Canada to serve as Volunteer Brand Champions. The goal of this program is to generate awareness of the CMHF with students and faculty on campus and social networks. Brand Champions are reliable, friendly team players who serve as an internal and external ambassador for the organization.
Develop your skills as a health science communicator, share your knowledge and passion with students across the country, develop a portfolio of work and inspire others to pursue careers in the health sciences – on your own schedule and at your own pace. You are inspired by the CMHF Laureates and excited about sharing this enthusiasm with others. You enjoy creating online tools such as education resources, engaging videos and social content. As a Brand Champion, you will help to make complicated health topics interesting, relatable and easy to understand.
Familiarize self with CMHF mission, vision, values and programs
Identify opportunities to generate awareness of CMHF on campus: conferences, clubs etc.
Develop creative content related to our Laureates, emerging health issues, health research, public health etc. to be shared on the CMHF website, social media channels, and newsletters.
Leverage social media channels for knowledge translation by sharing research and topical health information in simplified ways (Tik Tok to explain important health issue in lay terms)
Promote www.cdnmedhall.ca as a source of inspiration about Canadian accomplishments in health
Promote CMHF Award for Medical Students
Support our call for Laureate nominations
Promote and support Discovery Days in Health Sciences on your campus (where applicable)
Endorse CMHF within existing academic and social networks via word-of-mouth and social media marketing tactics
- Genuine interest and alignment with our mission, vision and values
- Completion of a minimum of one year postsecondary education in a health sciences field
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently
- Ability to collaborate effectively with local and national CMHF stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Previous marketing experience an asset
- Strong proficiency with social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
- Training sessions with CMHF staff and other Champions
- Quarterly Collaboration Meetings with CMHF and other Brand Champions
- Sample PowerPoint presentation to introduce CMHF & core programs
- SWAG to identify you as a Brand champion
- Promotional videos
- Access to social media accounts
- Ongoing support as needed from CMHF staff
- Complementary ticket to Induction Ceremony (travel and accommodation at own expense)
TIME COMMITMENT AND TIMELINE
- Minimum two hours per week based on your schedule in addition to quarterly collaboration meetings
- Two year term, renewable for a second term.
- Initial Training Session: Week of January 9th, 2023
- Independent Laureate and CMHF website review: December 2022 / January 2023
- Collaboration Meeting 1: February 2023
- Collaboration Meeting 2: April 2023
- Collaboration Meeting 3: September 2023
- Collaboration Meeting 4: November 2023
Application Deadline: December 19, 2022
Start Date: January 16, 2023
Please submit a statement of interest and resume to:
Director of Communications, Canadian Medical Hall of Fame